The East Huntingdon Practical Shooters will once again host a USPSA new competitor orientation class. The class will be held at the East Huntingdon Sportsmen’s Association near Alverton, PA on Saturday March 25, 2017.
This is an excellent way to learn about and experience USPSA action shooting.
There is no better way to get started in the sport.
Additional details are available at this link. http://ehpsa.com/…/wp-…/uploads/2016/12/Orientation_2017.pdf
- The orientation is FREE and open to anyone interested in the sport.
- Presentation of USPSA rules (United States Practical Shooting Association)
- Discussion of typical equipment used in the sport.
- Safe gun handling discussions and demonstrations.
- The classroom portion will be in the clubhouse. All shooting will be outdoors.
- Observe or shoot 2 courses of fire under the direction of experienced Range Officers
If you want to observe or shoot you must have the following.
- Hearing protection
- Eye protection
- Dress appropriately – We shoot in all weather
- Competitors under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
If you want to shoot, the following equipment is recommended.
- Centerfire Handgun – 9mm or larger.
- No .22’s, single shots, or single action revolvers.
- Ammunition – 70 to 80 rounds will get you through the orientation.
- Holster – The holster must cover the trigger guard.
- Magazines – (or moonclips/speedloaders for revolvers) as needed to shoot a 16 to 32 round course of fire.
- Magazine pouches -If you don’t have magazine pouches, your pockets will work.